To create a new study, click the “New Study” button from the menu on the left side. You'll have to choose what type of study you want to create: images, video or live website.
After that, you'll be able to set study options.
Here you can name your study and choose proper options:
- do you want the uploaded items (pictures, videos) to be shown in order you put them or random (random makes it less likely that the order of items will affect the way that testers "read" the images, and you can check the order in which a tester saw the images by checking his recording),
- do you want to show a separator between images (this will help tester eyes to relax),
- do you want to ask the testers for their name, gender and age at the end of the test (this works only for your own participants, we can't ask participants hired by RealEye),
- let participants see their recordings or, if that option isn't checked, the "thank you" page,
- do you want to conduct the study with an external survey (you won’t be able to use RealEye panelists with an external survey and you’ll have to invite your own ones).
For the last option, you can decide if you want to attach information about the participant (RealEye Id, participant's quality grade) or not, as some of the external tools (panels, survey platforms) have some issues with those variables. Attaching those variables is turned on by default.
You can change these settings at any time by clicking the first step "Study settings".
There are also two fields:
- Optional intro message, i.e. "Look for a product you think looks the best." - it's a general instruction to this study, displayed after calibration and before the test,
- Optional message after the test, i.e. "Please return to the main survey" - this text is displayed after the test on the "Thank you" page (if the "finish URL" isn't set).